- Visits can take place Monday to Friday between 8:00 – 19:00, visits in the weekend are not allowed.
- The maximal group size is 24 people
- Considering the potential hazards in the ISOLDE hall, special safety procedures need to be followed. Amongst others, these include:
- Visitors need to be at least 16 years old
- Pregnant women are not allowed to enter the experimental area.
- People with implants sensitive to magnetic field should contact us beforehand.
- Closed, flat or block-heeled shoes are required. Sandals, high heels etc. are not allowed.
- The detailed safety rules found at the end of this document, need to be distributed by the organizer to all visitors before the visit.
- For the safety of the visitors, the Isolde visits’ coordinator reserves the right to limit the visit to the visitors’ area at short notice.
- A typical visit takes 1 to 1.5h
- Visits need to be requested at least 1 week before the visits takes place.
- The tours are given in English, other languages are often difficult to accommodate.
- People with reduced mobility might have difficulties to visit ISOLDE since several stairs need to be taken and no elevators are available.
- Everyone must be registered as a visitor at CERN before access to any CERN site is possible. Visitors must wear their visitor badge at all times during the visit.
- In case the group is on-site already, the guide(s) will wait for the group at the meeting place at b. 508.
Group visits (schools, universities, organizations, …)
- The organizer must have a CERN account. External groups which don’t have a CERN contact person can mail email@example.com
- The organizer can submit a request for an ISOLDE private visit on https://visit.cern/private-guided-tours, specifying he/she wants to visit “ISOLDE only”. Approval of this request happens at the discretion of the ISOLDE visits coordinator. A visit request is only approved after receiving a confirmation mail.
- The availability for ISOLDE visits can be checked on the outreach calendar (https://publicoutreach.cern.ch/outreach/panel)
- To keep a manageable workload for the ISOLDE guides, the number of visits to ISOLDE per week is limited. A free spot in the calendar is therefore no guarantee for an approved visit.
- Please indicate in the “visits schedule and locations” section if this visit is part of a larger visit to CERN.
Individual visits (<6 people)
- In mutual agreement with an official ISOLDE guide, an individual private visit can be organized.
- The guide needs to request the visit following the same procedure as described above, at least 1 week beforehand
- The guide should check that there is no conflict with other visits, see https://publicoutreach.cern.ch/outreach/panel for availabilities.